March 25, 2018
Episode 1 Launches New Kwajalein News Series
THE KWAJ CURRENT: This is Episode 1 of a new bi-weekly video news program that airs on AFN Kwajalein and is brought to everybody by the USAG-KA Public Affairs Office (PAO).
Topics Covered in This Episode:
Japanese Visitors: Japanese Memorial Visited by Bereaving Families and Dignitaries
Golf Course Upgrades: Driving Range, New Programs and Greening-up the Course
Archealogical Education: RMI, Kwajalein Atoll and World War II
Sports Round-up: End of A-League Basketball Season/Championship Game, Water Polo Championship
In Your View: Underwater Video Clips – Share Yours with USAG-KA PAO!
In Other News: Lots of Photos and News Briefs:
- YYWC Basket Auction for Education
- SMDC/ARSTRAT Commanding General LTG Dickinson’s Kwajalein Visit
- Kwaj Kids Soccer Coaching
- Christian Women’s Fellowship Activities
- Kwajalein Hobby Shop Activities
- New Bike Racks
- Parrothead Party: Bill Williamson’s Last One on Kwaj
- Kwaj Girl Scouts – Thinking Day
- Alan Stone’s 15 Year Tour Ends
- Steak Night at the Zamperini Dining Facility
- St. Patrick’s Day at the Oceanview Club (a.k.a. “Snake Pit”)
- Spin Class at the Community Activities Center (CAC)
Original Post Source: USAG-KA YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yW2pmyd2_I
This is awesome! Thank you for sharing! It is definitely a unique place.👍😉
You are more than welcome, Shawn-Ann! Yes, Kwaj is quite unique.
Thanks for contributing your feedback to Kwaj Net.
They finally dusted off the cameras. A welcomed return.
Yes, I’m glad to see this format of news media available again. KwajWreckDiver’s comment below is also spot-on. If you don’t know what Window on the Atoll is, just search for it on YouTube. Great Kwaj videos!
Seems like this like the old “Window on the Atoll”, just with a different name. Nice to see this type of program coming back.